Sunday, January 1, 2012

3 in 30 Challange- January

I have had great intentions about starting a blog and well, you can see how far I have gotten.  My first and only post was in June, 2011. 

I came across the 3 in 30 challange and began reading about it.  I thought it was something I could do better than making New Year's Resolutions that I know I am not very good at keeping.  I also thought that this is a good way to get me blogging more.  I have so many things I want to do, but I know if I try to takle them all at the same time I will become overwhelmed and just quit them all.  I love how this breaks things down by month and that you pick three things to work on.

My 3 goals for the month of January are as follows:

1. Meal planning- I am great about making a menu, but not so great about sticking to it.  We have karate two to three nights a week and on the nights my husband goes he doesn't like to eat prior to class, so I need to find recipes that I can make and keep in the crockpot to stay warm until he comes home.

     Week 1- Make a menu for 5 days.


2. Exercise- I have gotten out of the habit of exercising regularly.  I got an eliptical for Christmas and my goal for January is to be able to stay on the eliptical for 30 minutes by the end of the month.

     Week 1- Use eliptical for 10-15 minutes a day.


3. I am starting 31 Days to Build a Better Spouse today and on the 16th I am starting Hello Mornings. I so want to have a regular meeting time with My Lord, but I am just lazy about it.  I used to get up earlier, but have gotten lax since my daughter is good about sleeping in.

     Week 1- Read the daily pages in 31DBBS book, pray, and read at least one chapter in my bible daily, starting in the book of James.


5 comments:

  1. Welcome to the 3in30 Challenge! (And to blogging!) You've got some good goals outlined. I like that you're breaking them down into steps for the weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you've jumped in! The 3in30 challenge is wonderful - full of encouragement to keep you going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great goals. I will be working on meal planning in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for the words of encouragement. I am looking forward to this year and breaking things down into smaller, more attainable chunks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. what great goals for this month. I know how hard it is to get keep to a menu plan. When I went to cooking from scratch last year it was very important that I had a menu set so I didn't waste food :) Looking forward to reading how you do this month.. Many blessings <><

    ReplyDelete